Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Dad giving us the scare of a life time!


On Friday morning about 6:30 am Rachelle was calling me repeatedly until i answered my phone...She was crying on the other end about my Dad and that his defibulator had gone off...I hurried and got dressed, called my mom to see what hospital they were taking him to and headed off to the ER at Banner baywood heart hospital. We are all waiting, freaking out that my Dad's heart is failing again thank goodness that his defibulator brought him back. After some time in the ER, some lady came in to do the reading on his defib and finds out that there was a lose wire (that was on recall) and it was shorting out there fore the defib thought it was his hearts irregular activity when it was actually the lose wire. It had shocked him in the heart a total of 12 times, it is 1000 vaults each time. Can you imagine how that would feel???? Thank goodness his heart is still ticking away and i will have my Daddy for lots of years to come. On Friday night the Docs put a brand new defib in so it will definitely not happen again!! Here we are just before he went in for surgery!!!

2 comments:

Rachelle Palmer said...

that was scary

Steven & DeLona said...

I am so glad that you could be there! I wishes i could have been.. i hate being so far away and feeling so helpless!